Our 3-year-old class is open to children who are that age by the start of the school year (by Sept. 1). Choose from four enrollment options:
- MW a.m. – 9 to 11:30 a.m.
- MW&F a.m. – 9-11:30 a.m.
- TTh a.m. – 9-11:30 a.m.
- TTh&F a.m.m – 9-11:30 a.m.
No matter which option you choose, your child will enjoy a class rich with activity.
Areas of Learning
In our 3-year-old class, we cover all areas of learning by encouraging your child to:
Participate in creative play that:
- Allows for problem solving and encourages abstract thinking.
- Builds vocabulary and language skills.
- Develops imagination and cognition.
- Builds friendships and good social skills.
- Promotes positive interactions between your child and teachers.
- Offers a safe environment to pretend… and learn about and experience life!
Create through daily art activities where your child can:
- Create own masterpieces.
- Develop fine-motor skills.
- Acquire independence skills by putting on painting smocks and cleaning up.
Experience music by playing simple instruments and moving to the rhythms of all sorts of music.
Pray and celebrate through activities that:
- Honor your child’s uniqueness as a child of God.
- Focus on worship.
- Encourage gratitude.
- Recognize special holidays and themes such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine’s Day and Easter.
- Allow our caring, patient teachers to show God’s love.
Take turns and practice sharing with others during our free-choice time.
Try new things in art, creative movement, music, songs, physical activities and worship.
Make new friends during our play together.
The routine of the 3-year-old class entails:
Greeting & gathering – Greet your teachers, then gather for opening circle time, which features welcome songs, calendar discussion, Star of the Week boards, birthday celebrations, worship and prayers, and introduction of the day’s theme.
Free-choice time – Move freely about the room to explore the sensory table, play dough, games, puzzles, blocks, the library, the music center, puppets and stuffed animals, housekeeping, an art activity, the dollhouse, dress up clothes, Legos, the animal table, and shelves of toys, toys, toys!
Music – Enjoy a short music time based on the theme of the day/week and filled with fun and creative songs and movement.
Snack & prayer – Share in a snack and give thanks to God with a special prayer.
Small groups & reading – Enjoy a book together with a small group of your class… and experience surprises every day!
Large-muscle room – Release energy and grow in physical strength with our slides, climbers, sand tables, small cars, teeter totters and horses. Also experienced in small groups.
Parent visit & closing prayer – Hear a summary of the day’s activities and learnings from your child’s teacher – and close with prayer – before everyone is dismissed.